Well....Charlotte was fit with her contact lens yesterday. It was a screaming fight to get it in her eye, but the optometrist did it & told us to just work on touching the eyelids and then we will work on us inserting it at her 2 week check up. Ha! This morning I checked on her at 6 am and could not find the contact in her eye. Wilson got the flashlight & searched all in her bed, rocking chair, etc. Finally he found it (thankfully, the lens is $250 and it takes 5 days to get a new one). We let it soak in solution then had to try to get it back in her eye. We got the miracle blanket & I tried holding her while Wilson tried to stick in the contact -- no luck, she just screamed. Finally, she calmed down and went to sleep while I was holding her. While asleep, Wilson was easily able to get the contact back in. So the game plan for the future is: wait until she is asleep!
We also started patching the good eye yesterday and she was not happy! So far she is leaving the patch on (it's like a band-aid). We follow up with her surgeon on Monday & I hope he can describe what she sees with & without the contact.
Will keep you posted...thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers for us during this stressful time!
No comments:
Post a Comment