The Woods family has unfortunately been sick. I picked Charlotte up from school on Tuesday night with a temperature of 100 degrees. Later that evening, I felt awful. I stayed home from work sick on Wednesday with C sick as well. Wilson called the pediatrician's office, explained her symptoms, and they said to give Benadryl. We were skeptical, but went with it. By Thursday, she was even worse, Wilson stayed home with her, and brought her to my office in the afternoon to see one of our ENT docs, Dr. Samuelson. He examined her and diagnosed bilateral ear infections and tonsillitis. Started antibiotics immediately and thankfully she is doing much better! Wilson and I have since been under the weather. He sounds like a frog & I completely lost my voice on Saturday morning, just in time for my office Christmas party on Saturday night. At least all the doctors and staff understood my lack of voice! As of this morning, I think we're all doing better. Not 100%, but better.
Moral of the story: In the future we're obviously going to have to be mean & nasty to get C a sick appt. at the pediatrician's. We're very thankful for the access I have to Ear, Nose, and Throat care & so grateful that Dr. Samuelson saw her so quickly & took such good care of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment