This past weekend we flew to Columbus Ohio for a Woods family wedding. We had a blast! The weather was beautiful. We all loved seeing the trees with bright orange, red, and yellow leaves. We just don't get that kind of beauty in Texas. :(
Charlotte was a trooper for the plane rides. She played and read books on the way there & slept on the way back (helped along by Benadryl). Once we got off the plane in Ohio, we went to the Columbus Zoo. It is Jack Hanna's zoo & ranked #1 in the nation. I'm partial to the Fort Worth Zoo, but Columbus had some really awesome features. We absolutely loved the Polar Frontier. It is a huge pool that houses 2 polar bears. You can go underground to view them swimming above. We saw one polar bear fishing right above us! Neat-o!
We also loved the petting zoo area. The goats roam around & you can walk right up to them. Charlotte thought they were pretty neat:
If you zoom in on the pictures, you can see she has her new pink glasses!!! Unfortunately, they only survived about 6 days. :( She threw a tantrum this morning as I left for work and bent the hinge. Wilson will take them to get fixed at lunch. Ah, the terrible twos are striking early!
For the 18 month update....she continues to eat well and sleep well. Paci is officially gone! Woo hoo! She's wearing some 12-18 month and some 18-24 month clothes & size 4 diapers. Her verbal skills continue to amaze us -- we can ask all the body parts and she will point correctly! Her little walk/run is adorable and boy is she fast! We have lots of activities coming up in the next few weeks...I'll try to do better about posting!



I can't wait to see closer-up pics of the pink glasses. I may have to get some matching ones. Go '4-Eyes Club'!
ReplyDelete