The pediatrician told me a couple of months ago to wean Charlotte off the paci. I couldn't go cold turkey considering she was having eye surgery. We limited paci use to nap time and bed time. Well last week the Little Miss decided she would cry in the middle of the night when paci fell out of her bed. I took a 5 a.m. paci call, W a 6:30 call. After that we decided enough is enough. It was time for paci to go bye bye.
I snipped the tips off a couple of her pacis and stuck them in her bed. We put her to bed that night, and she cried "paci, paci". She grabbed the snipped ones, put them in her mouth, screamed more, and then chunked them across the room. We let her cry it out, and boy did she cry.
The next night we continued to be strong and not give in to the request for the paci. She only cried for about 10 minutes! So, it looks like we are officially paci free! Her school is on board with us and we are pressing on ahead!
Congrats!
ReplyDeleteCongrats. That sounds tough!
ReplyDelete