
Wilson was invited to represent the firm at a legal conference in Seattle a week ago. Charlotte and I went along for fun. In fact, we flew home on the day before her birthday...the very last day that she could fly for free as a lap child! While in Seattle, we enjoyed nice cool weather & loved the city! We stayed downtown and walked to the market & the aquarium. We rode the awesome monorail to the Space Needle (picture above) & the Mariners stadium. It was so nice to not have to have a car to hassle with!

The Original. Where it all began 40 years ago on Pike Street right across from the Pike Street Market. Starbucks stores in Seattle are as prolific as churches in Lubbock, TX. I passed probably 5 on my way to the original and our hotel was only 6 blocks from the original Starbucks!

Wilson was tied up in meetings during the day on Saturday, so Charlotte and I opted to go to the Seattle Aquarium. She is obsessed with octopi and I had heard that the aquarium had one. You can see its suction cups above. However, I quickly learned that octopi are nocturnal. Charlotte didn't care. She kept running to the octopus's tank and saying "Octopus sleeping. Shhhhh." She had a blast! We also really enjoyed the otter exhibits & the puffin exhibits at the zoo. We were reminded of the awesome Alaska Counting/Coloring book from the Renfros with the puffins! Thanks Sarah!

At Safeco field to cheer for the Mariners. Charlotte wore her Texas Rangers cap for the first inning! Wilson told me that the Mariners and Rangers are rivals and that the cap probably wasn't the best idea, but she looked so cute that I couldn't resist putting it on!

On Sunday, the 3 of us bundled up and took the bus to Discovery Park. It was absolutely beautiful. Set in the Magnolia neighborhood, it consisted of 3 miles of hiking trails and beachfront.

Hangin' on! We had a great time, ate delicious food, and enjoyed our trip!
You are all so cute!!!
ReplyDeleteSeattle looked amazing. I would love to live there someday!
Glad you got to visit all together, and Happy Birthday Charlotte!