Charlotte turned two the day after we got back from Seattle. I extended my vacation time from work to be able to spend the day with her! We had music class in the morning, where they sang "Happy Birthday". That was followed by a trip to the zoo. She is a riot at the zoo these days -- she tells you what animals she wants to see and of course they're not anywhere near each other in the zoo layout!
After the zoo, we met Wilson for a pizza lunch downtown. Daddy got to show off his baby girl around the office!
After naptime, we went to the duckpond/playground in Foster Park. Then we baked a little strawberry cake. I got a big cupcake silicone cake mold in a Christmas gift exchange several years ago. I made her cake in it last year that was used for her photo shoot -- she stuck her foot in it! This year she actually ate it. We all ate it ... it was so stinking good, especially for a box mix! Duncan Hines moist stawberry with strawberry icing. Yummy!
After cake time, Charlotte opened presents. She was really into present opening this year!
Wilson and I got her the Fisher Price "My First Dollhouse". She immediately got to work arranging her dollhouse. She prefers for everyone (Mommy, Daddy, & baby) to sit in a chair and watch TV. When you ask, "What are they doing?", she replies "Everybody watch TV". When I ask what they're watching, she states matter-of-factly, "Dora". Duh!
GG sent Charlotte a bumble bee swimsuit complete with hat! Precious!
We had her two year pediatrician visit a week later. Stats:
33 inches tall
24 pounds, 5 inches in weight
47 cm head
She did great and charmed the doctor and his staff by stating everyone's name. She especially loved saying "Dr. Mercer" over and over again! Dr. M asked her what she liked to eat...thankfully she said "strawberries"!
She is a happy, singing girl. I feel like a juke box these days, because we constantly have the "all request hour"...while swinging, driving, bathing. Some of her faves -- most of these she requests and knows all the lyrics:
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
The Wheels on the Bus
Texas Fight
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Ba ba Blacksheep
Rock a bye Baby
ABCs
Pop Goes the Weasel
Hello Song (from TCU Music)
Jesus Loves Me
Zaccheus
London Bridge
Row, Row, Row
Three Blind Mice
This is the Bible
There are probably more that I'm forgetting. She loves music! We'll be back at TCU Music in the fall!
Happy birthday, Charlotte!
ReplyDeletelove it! so sweet!
ReplyDelete