Wednesday, January 13, 2010

9 Months!






Wow, time flies! Charlotte turned 9 months yesterday and we just adore her more & more each day. She's still just crawling in reverse. She goes backwards & then turns herself around & comes back in reverse. She'll figure out forward one of these days, then all of us (Wilson, Major, & myself) are in trouble!
I love listening to her conversations. Her favorite words are "Heeeeyyyy" and "Hiiiiiii" said very loudly & happily. I picked her up from school yesterday & she was happy as can be in the "bye-bye" buggy. Her teacher said that she loved riding in the buggy and literally saying "Hiiiii" to everyone. She's making lots of consonant and vowel sounds and trying to say "baby". Wilson is very excited that she says "dadadadadada". I told him not to get too excited -- I've taken enough speech and language classes to know that "dadadada" almost always precedes "mamamama" because it's easier.
We have made our way through all the vegetables & are proceeding with fruits. She definitely prefers more bland tastes and has some texture issues (similar to her dad). I'm beginning to wonder if she has any of me in her. Wilson says she gets her impatience and need for routine from me. :)
We need to start packing for our Costa Rica trip. We leave Jan. 30th and can't wait! I ordered some special sunglasses for her to try to keep sand and water out of her eye...we don't know how well the contact lens and patching will work on this trip, but we're going to make the best of it. We booked the trip before we even had a clue about her vision issues.
We are so thankful for our wonderful family & friends for all their support over the last 18 months -- 9 months of pregnancy & 9 months of Charlotte! We love you all!






2 comments:

  1. You'll have a fantastic trip... no te preocupes! Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 9 months Charlotte! Wow -- she's cuter by the day. I hope you have a great Costa Rica trip. We were there almost exactly a year ago. Pura vida! Hugs, Laura

    ReplyDelete