I was thinking last night about all the baby "stuff" that is now in storage. What did I love? What did we not use as much as we expected? I'll try to refer back to this when buying shower gifts for others.
Top Baby Items:
Sleep Mate noise generator -- a true God send. Still used to this day to keep Charlotte from waking up when Major barks, the door bell rings, etc. We expect she will be toting this to slumber parties in a few years.
Miracle Blanket -- Charlotte refused it at first, but by 5 or 6 weeks of age, we used it religiously. We were very sad when she started rolling & the Miracle Blanket had to be put up. It also came in handy when we were learning to insert her contact lens.
Sleep Positioner -- we have a little wedge positioner that plays a womb-like heartbeat noise. She liked to sleep at an incline, so this kept her head up.
Boppy Bouncer -- our salvation for the first few weeks at night, as this was the only place she would sleep. Once she started sleeping in her crib, the Boppy bouncer was great for around the house use as I fixed dinner, took a shower, etc.
Exersaucer -- Charlotte loved playing in this until she started crawling. Then she wanted nothing to do with being confined.
Baby Bjorn -- Wilson has been spotted many times around town wearing this. It was ideal for our beach vacation because the unpaved roads did not work with the stroller.
Boppy Pillow -- great for feeding time or when rocking to give your arms a break. Also great to prop baby up when learning to sit up.
Beaba Babycook -- steams & purees fresh & frozen fruits, vegetables, beans, etc. I am still using it & have loved making Charlotte's food!
Very cozy overstuffed rocking chair -- countless hours spent there!
Toddler Necessities:
Unfortunately, most baby "stuff" only has a short life span. We have baby items stashed all over the house (attic, guest room closet, etc). I am now realizing you need even more "stuff" for toddlers:
Wipe off bibs. I love the Tommee Tippee rubber/plastic ones with kangaroo pouches. They seem indestructible. I started with cloth bibs when Charlotte began self-feeding, but I found that I had to spray every inch of it down with OxyClean before washing it. Forget that!
Oxy Clean Spray. If only I could dress Charlotte in rubber. She comes home from school with her clothes covered in food. Plus she gets these worn-in patches of dirt on her knees from crawling all over the place. All clothes must be sprayed down before washed.
Pedipeds & Robeez. The only shoes I can get to stay on her feet. She is still wearing her Easter shoes that are size 0-6 months. I have tiny feet, so this is no surprise.
Sippy Cups -- We have about 10 sippy cups AND a set of Take & Toss cups. The best thing: something to clip it to the high chair so that it doesn't fly across a restaurant. Love the Bogginhead SippiGrip (thanks Em for the recommendation)
Portable high chair/booster -- we received this as a gift & at first I didn't even really know what it was. Now we love it and keep it in the car for dinners at friends' homes.
Stick on placemats -- I grabbed these at Target & love them. Just pull the tabs off the placemat, stick on the restaurant table, let the crumbs fall on it, then gather the placemat & toss it.
Onesie Crotch Extenders -- fabulous! Gives an extra 3-6 months of onesie wearing! Available at www.onestepahead.com
Organizers -- for books, toys, etc.
It's been a fun & life-changing 14 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment