Wilson and I have been so blessed by the relationships we have formed through our church, First Methodist Fort Worth. We are in an amazing Sunday school class. A few months ago, one of our Sunday school class friends sent an email asking if I would like to join in on a Girls weekend in Dallas. I immediately blocked that weekend on my calendar and told Wilson he better not even think of scheduling anything. :)

It was my first night away from Charlotte & I didn't even shed a single tear! In fact I was up and ready to go really early Saturday morning! Wilson dropped me off at Dede's at 8:45 on Saturday morning and we hit the road for Dallas. We stayed at the W.
First stop was the Bliss Spa at the W. ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS! My "treatment" was a 75 minute much-needed massage. We checked into Bliss, were escorted to the locker rooms, changed into robes, and lounged in a sunlight-filled room with a beautiful view of Dallas (from floor 16). My masseuse called me back & worked out the many, many knots in my back and neck. It was heavenly. He told me to be sure to check out the steam shower in the locker room because it would help with my allergies. Why not?
The steam shower was a tremendous treat! You walk into the large shower, turn on the water, then turn on a eucalyptus scent, then turn on the steam. The room fills with warm steam and the smell of eucalyptus. It got so steamy that I couldn't even see my hand in front of my face!
For lunch, we ate poolside at the W. The food was good but pricey -- you pay for the convenience. The pool scene at the W was about as far from my little Fort Worth world as I could get. It was what I picture LA being like. Very trendy, lots of gay men, and girls in very skimpy bathing suits. Our skirt suit mom brigaide was out of place, but we enjoyed the people watching!
Later that afternoon, we hit Anthropologie and started a dessert crawl. I had a chocolate chip macaroon at Celebrity and then a cupcake at The Cupcakery. We tried to go to Sprinkles, but the line was too long -- so we opted for the new Cupcakery. Very good. I brought Charlotte a strawberry cupcake. She ate a little bit and then threw it on the floor. Major beat me to the cupcake & scarfed it down. :(
Dinner that night was at Kenichi. Awesome sushi. I even had some uncooked sushi that was delicious. After dinner, we hit Ghost Bar at the W. We felt old but still enjoyed cocktails & dancing.

The next morning, we ate brunch at Breadwinners. Yummy! I love a good brunch & Breadwinners did not disappoint! We hit the road for Fort Worth, rested, relaxed, and ready to see our kiddos and husbands!
What were the boys doing, you might ask? Wilson took Char to Little Gym at 9 am on Saturday, then prepared to have the husbands and kids of the group over for hamburgers. Char was pretty fussy due to teething and getting used to her glasses. She slept more than usual.
The boys engaged in group babysitting that night at our house. The Browns brought their bounce house & the kids had a blast. Several wives got text messages that our house was a disaster zone after the party, but it was 90% cleaned up by the time I got home on Sunday.



What a great time!!!
what a fabulous weekend for everyone! glad you got the time off - you deserve it! i had a massage a couple months ago and the woman kept commenting how stressed I must be...I explained I was not stressed at all, but lugging around a little one was probably the cause!
ReplyDelete