I went to the optometrist on Monday to get my vision tested because I am almost out of contacts. I started wearing glasses in 3rd grade and contacts in 7th grade. Every time I go to the optometrist my vision gets a little worse. I sympathize with my hearing aid patients whose hearing slowly declines year by year. I reminded Wilson at lunch that I was going to the optometrist that afternoon, and he said, "Oh I bet there's been no change." I said, "No way, it's been almost 2 years since I have had my vision checked, it's going to be awful."
Sure enough, the optometrist informed me that vision in fact had NOT changed. I was floored. Countless years of eye tests and never had it once stayed the same.
I called Wilson as I left the optometrist's office and asked him how he guessed the results. His response: "You're old." Jeez, thanks. He then backpeddled a little and clarified that he meant vision changes little as we age. Um, yeah, still feeling OLD! Love you lots babe! :)
well, even though we are the same age, I must not be getting older by Wilson's logic b/c last time I went to they eye doc my eyes are still getting worse!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are not old! I refuse to use that word. Old and fat are not in my vocabulary!
ReplyDelete